Special Coverage: Power Lines
Concerning the Proposed New York Regional Interconnection (NYRI)
- Document requesting NIETC (National Interest Electric Transmission Corridors) designation from NYRI, Inc. to the U.S. Department of Energy. - Direct link to a 16 page document (requires the free Adobe reader). See also the NIETC requests page at the DOE and this document entitled "Comments to the DOE Federal Register Notice of Inquiry (NOI) on Considerations for Transmission Congestion Study and Designation of National Interest Electric Transmission Corridors; Addendum 3 - Additional Comments Received through May 1, 2006"
- New York Regional Interconnection - The company's website includes the Article VII application submitted to the PSC seeking regulatory approval to build a high voltage direct current (HVDC) transmission line from Oneida County to Orange County.
- News about the power line project from Radio Free Hamilton (Hamilton, NY)
- Power Line Project: A Deeper Look at the New York Regional Interconnection - Photographs, maps, links to articles, and a message board for public feedback. Provided by the Times Herald-Record.
- Public Service Commission: New York Regional Interconnection - Case 06-T-0650 - Includes links to the Article VII process guide and flowchart as well as contact information and a list of libraries that received copies of the application.
- Search results from Firstgov.gov (U.S. Government search engine) for "NYRI" - Includes links to documents and web pages containing the term at various government agencies. See also these Firtgov.gov search results.
- Senator Bonacic's Eminent Domain Law S 8349A - Status, summary, voting, and text. As introduced by Bonacic, Larkin, et al in the U.S. Senate and reported via the New York State Legislature website.
Citizens' Organizations Working Against the Proposed Power Line
Special Coverage Web Guides
© 2006 Middletown Thrall Library